cyrus imap, LDAP userdb, GSSAPI

John Morris cyrus at butchwax.com
Fri Mar 19 04:03:17 EST 2004

Hi!

Can Cyrus store a list of virtual users in an LDAP backend?

New to Cyrus.  I've spent some time looking for this answer, and
probably missed something obvious.

I selected cyrus imap to go with my postfix because I thought it could
do GSSAPI authentication of users stored in an LDAP backend.  However,
now that I'm configuring it, I can't seem to figure out where the docs
are for configuring such an LDAP backend are.

I'm *not* looking to do LDAP authentication, and I don't think I'm
looking for the ldap-pts backend (since my unix groups are stored with
their member lists as separate entries in LDAP, and ldap-pts seems to
want group membership stored with user entries).

Is this actually possible, or was I just hallucinating some months
back when I decided it was?  I sure hope it is, or I'll be stuck with
courier, which has no GSSAPI.  :P

Thanks!

        John

--