cyrus 2.2.3 & virtual

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Mon Mar 22 18:27:08 EST 2004

Oh yeah. this is a fun problem to solve..
I went through this on my systems a few weeks ago..
you need to move all your mailboxes around, quota files, subscription
files, and sieve scripts, update the mailboxes.db, and update each users
.sub (subscription) file. And of course this all depends on how you have
your mailboxes currently setup.

I have a perl script that is partially written to accomplish this task..
But as I only had less than a dozen accounts at the time I just did it
manually..

So, first give me some more information on how you system is setup..
your current working imapd.conf file
what usernames you use currently (just plain user, user_domain_tld, or
user at domain.tld)

And I'm assuming you are wanting to have it so the user logs in with
their full e-mail address. (user at domain.tld).

Replay with some more info and i shall see what I can do for you in
getting things converted..

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 08:51, Paul Dorneanu wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I still have some unanswered question and I would like a solution.
> I have recently upgraded to version 2.2.3 from 2.1.12  (I think) and if
> I do activate vritual domains in imapd.conf my old accounts are unusable
> (I can login, but can not read emails). Some error about maildrop not
> being located.
>
> More than that, if I add a new user using cyradm using cm
> user.test at domain.com and set up a password for it (in an sql table using
> sasl 2)  I can NOT login using test at domain.com
>
> I have try many different configuration and what I could find on
> wikipages and on the list archives but no problem encountered so far as
> mine.
>
> I will be happy with any solution or workaround so I can use the
> virtdomains feature of the cyrus-imapd for which I've been waiting
> almost 1 year.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Paul Dorneanu