Invalid flag in Append command

Cyrus Daboo daboo at cyrusoft.com
Mon Mar 22 12:47:08 EST 2004

Hi Jared,

--On Monday, March 22, 2004 12:18 PM -0500 Jared Watkins
<jared at watkins.net> wrote:

| I'm guessing it's not as simple as adding Recent as a known type...  but
| what's the story on this... and is there an easy way around it?  I
| couldn't find anything relevant in the archives.

The \Recent flag cannot be changed by the client - its completely managed
by the server. Whatever client generated the command is at fault as the
IMAP spec clearly shows that \Recent is not one of the allowed flags for
the APPEND command. In actual fact any message being appended will always
end up with the \Recent flag as it is considered 'recent' when added to the
mailbox, so its use in APPEND in superfluous anyway.

Bottom line is: its a client bug - fix the client.

--
Cyrus Daboo
---