Group usage on mailboxes...

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Tue Mar 23 12:01:09 EST 2004

Hello everyone.

I have setup a Cyrus-Imap server for our company and we are going to be
setting up bulletin boards for our individual departments. I've been able
to get everything to gel together correctly; ACL's, mailboxes, etc. It
works like a charm.

However, as I am looking to set ACL's on these bulletin boards so I can
have a fine tuned control on who can see the mailbox, post, delete etc. I
was wondering if there was a way to use groups for this? This would negate
me from having to add each user to the mailbox by hand which could become
quite tedious and a pain.

Since the company is growing as well, it really would be advantageous for
me to use groups for my setup.

I vaguely remember seeing someone post something similar to this, but I
wasn't able to find it in the archives.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to implement this?

I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Jason

---