Authentication (Total Confusion)

Mike's List mikelist at sky.net
Wed Mar 24 10:12:31 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Mike's List wrote:
>
> > I have SASL installed, I did 'saslpasswd2 -c test' (account created with
> > cyradm and I did 'saslauthd -a rimap -O 192.168.2.3) what do I need to do
> > to get authentication backend running and for Squirrelmail and IMAPD
> > authenticate properly?
>
> Wait -- are you using sasldb, saslauthd with the rimap backend, or shadow
> password authentication (or some combination)?

I'm using saslauthd, but saslauthd -a shows the below options,
uthentication mechanisms: getpwent pam rimap shadow ldap

> You almost certainly do not want the rimap backend, unless you are doing
> something very specific.

I'm assuming I don't want shadow, I haven't installed pam or openldap so
pam/ldap is out.  I tried getpwent, rimap and both did not work.  Is sasldb
the recommended and default backend authentication dbase?  I can't find it
or know how to access to use authentication.  (I tried all mechanisms and
none worked.)

- Mike

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus