Synchronice multiple imapd partially

Mario Schubert Mario.Schubert at bbmms.net
Wed Mar 24 03:24:20 EST 2004

Hello,

I'am looking for a solution for following problem. I hope someone can help me.

I'am running a cyrus imapd (2.1.16) on a permanent online server, on this server
all mails are received. Cooperation with postfix, smartsieve and imp works
perfectly.

Now, two different user groups (several mailboxes each) have only small
bandwidth, on demand online internet connections, therefore they (both groups)
like to reclicate/sync some of the mailboxes (not all!) to a local imapd (e.g.
cyrus again). All changes/moves/deletion/recieves etc. should be synced from
time to time (interval perhaps 15 min) to/from the master server. They cannot
just fetch the mail from the server and store it locally, because then the
webmail becomes allmost useless.

I thought about isync/imapsync/murder, but I am not sure what solution assures
the syncronisation in both directions only partially (some mailboxes, not all).
Are there some examples around, for archieving this goals?

Thank you very much for your help.

Ciao,
    Mario