prunning the database

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Fri Mar 26 20:48:14 EST 2004

Roberto Leibman wrote:
> In various howto's I've encountered lines to the effect that one should put in a
> cron job to periodically prune the database. Invarialbyl it states that one
> should use the -E 3 option. However, whet doing so, I get the error message:
>
> deliver: 'E' option no longer supported.
>
> What is the correct command?

What version of Cyrus? Assuming 2.2.x then the following is in the
documentation (install-upgrade)

* ctl_deliver -E has been deprecated in favor of cyr_expire -E. This new
tool does both duplicate delivery database pruning as well as message
expunging. You should replace the appropriate EVENTS entry in cyrus.conf
with one of those in the sample configurations in the master/conf directory.

Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus