cyrus and autocreate patch

Timo Veith tv at rz-zw.fh-kl.de
Tue Jun 1 12:45:26 EDT 2004

Am Montag, 31. Mai 2004 21:25 schrieb Rob Siemborski:
> On Mon, 31 May 2004, Timo Veith wrote:
> > while googling around I found that patch for cyrus from here:
> > http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/
> > I found this to be a great idea and so I wonder if there are plans on
> > integrating this patch into cyrus in the future?
>
> Not until the patch is complete -- that is, supports IMAP Aggregator
> environments as well.

I'm sorry I am not very familiar with the inner parts of IMAP. What is an
aggregator environment?

> > PS: The other patches seem reasonable as well.
> The rmquota patch solve the problem in a nonstandard way (the problem
> is, the standard doesn't define a way to remove a quota).

So this is virgin soil? Why not handling this practically?

> autosievefolder needs to be addressed by a standard as well -- that is,
> fileinto is not defined to create the folder, so a flag needs to be
> defined where the folder is created by request of the user.

I believe the author of the patches has probably already suggested to
integrate his software into cyrus, so I won't ask for it any further.

Thanks

Timo