Cyrus IMAP 10 Year Anniversary

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jun 3 14:23:54 EDT 2004

Etienne Goyer wrote:

> Rob Siemborski wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to share with you that today, June 4, 2004, marks the 10
>> year anniversary of the first public alpha release of the Cyrus IMAP
>> server.
>

> Just being curious M. Siemborski: have you been part of the project
> since the beginning ?  What about the other major contibutors (like Ken
> M.) ?

I've been working with Cyrus since sometime in 1997.  I began sending
Larry patches to fix broken stuff in Sieve in 2000 and shortly
thereafter he gave me a CMU account and CVS write access.  I started
hacking IMAP by adding SORT and THREAD and things spiraled out of
control from there.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127