saslauthd+pam+pam_ldap VS saslauthd+ldap

Wang Penghui wangpenghui at realss.com
Fri Jun 4 00:03:55 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have been working on a Mail System for several days.
I used Postfix + Cyrus-IMAPd + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP.
LDAP Database is the accounts container.
And the system should support virtual domains.
All the processes which accesses the LDAP database thru saslauthd.

I am using the saslauthd's ldap Authentications mechanism to auth
against LDAP.

But afaik that there are two motheds to implement this feature.

The first one is which i used.
And the other one is saslauthd's pam authentications mechanism.
It could works with pam_ldap to implement the auth against LDAP.
But it have one more layer than the above mothed.

Imho, i think that less layers more quick.

Any suggestion?
Could you help me to pick up one?

Thanks in advance!