Strange problem authenticating

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Fri Jun 4 11:46:37 EDT 2004

Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

> Here is a strange one.

I tried running "saslpasswd2" and "sasldblistusers2". They both crash
AFTER performing the task, it looks like this:

Papa-Legba:/# sasldblistusers2
root at Papa-Legba.ev.co.yu: cmusaslsecretOTP
root at Papa-Legba.ev.co.yu: userPassword
nxm_upcall: can't grow stack, pid 497681, proc sasldblistusers2
zsh: segmentation fault  sasldblistusers2
Papa-Legba:/#

It also crashed with the same message when adding the user. Debugging
shows that everything in "sasldblistusers.c" goes fine. Aparently the
crash occurs within "sasl_close()". There is no core file I can see, so
I can't say where exactly. It is definitely inside libsasl2.so and is
not related to other libraries, like SSL (not involved in this) or
Berkeley DB 4.2 (it finishes it's task).

Could this be causing my problems?

Nix.