Deliver messages to the accounts of virtualdomains.

Wang Penghui wangpenghui at realss.com
Wed Jun 9 03:30:36 EDT 2004

Simon Matter wrote:

>>Hi, all.
>>
>>I want to add the virtual domain supported to my Cyrus-IMAP server.
>>And i have followed the docs with the Distribution
>>http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-virtdomains.html
>>First i changed my imapd.conf to:
>>

>Which version of cyrus are you using?

The version is cyrus-imapd 2.2.3

>>configdirectory:        /var/imap
>>partition-default:      /var/spool/imap
>>sievedir:               /var/imap/sieve
>>tls_cert_file:          /etc/cyrusimapd/server.crt
>>tls_key_file:           /etc/cyrusimapd/server.key
>>admins:                 cyrus
>>virtdomains:            userid
>>hashimapspool:          yes
>>allowanonymouslogin:    no
>>allowplaintext:         yes
>>unixhierarchysep:       yes
>>defaultdomain:          hackerdom.org
>>sasl_pwcheck_method:    saslauthd
>>mech_list: plain login
>>sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
>>autocreateinboxfolders: Sent|Drafts|Templates|Trash
>>
>>And my saslauthd.conf to:
>>
>>ldap_servers: ldap://localhost/
>>ldap_bind_dn: cn=Manager, dc=hackerdom, dc=org
>>ldap_bind_pw: Secret:)
>>ldap_search_base: ou=Realss, dc=hackerdom, dc=org
>>ldap_version: 3
>>
>>Then i have added a account named user at domain.com in the LDAP directory.
>>
>>I try two motheds to login with it.
>>First: I used the command "cyradm"
>>cyradm --user user at domain.com --auth login --server localhost
>>After type the correct password, I could login well.
>>Second: I used Mozilla-thunderbird as the MUA.
>>I filled the IMAP server as "localhost".
>>After type the correct password, I could login well too.
>>
>>Then i try to send a message for a test.
>>But i found that it could not be received at all.
>>
>>I have checked the /var/log/mail.info, and found the follow log:
>>
>>Jun  9 08:15:03 hartt postfix/trivial-rewrite[5476]: warning:
>>dict_ldap_lookup: Fixed query_filter (associatedDomain=*) is probably
>>useless
>>Jun  9 08:15:04 hartt postfix/pipe[5614]: 9C42424384:
>>to=<wangpenghui at bitco.realss.com>, relay=cyrus, delay=3, status=bounced
>>(data format error. Command output: wangpenghui: Mailbox does not exist )
>>Jun  9 08:15:04 hartt postfix/cleanup[5475]: 84BDD24389:
>>message-id=<20040609001504.84BDD24389 at mail.hackerdom.org>
>>Jun  9 08:15:04 hartt postfix/qmgr[28434]: 84BDD24389: from=<>,
>>size=2503, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
>>Jun  9 08:15:04 hartt postfix/pipe[5614]: 84BDD24389:
>>to=<wangpenghui at bitco.realss.com>, relay=cyrus, delay=0, status=bounced
>>(data format error. Command output: wangpenghui: Mailbox does not exist )
>>
>>I found that the "user at domain.com" has been changed to "user".
>>I don't know why does it change.
>>Could someone point out where i have set wrong parameter or other reasons?
>>

>You didn't show us any of your postfix parameters. Which version are you
>using? Looks like you are using cyrus deliver instead of LMTP.

Yes, i am using cyrus deliver instead of LMTP.
And the setting in main.cf is
mailbox_transport = cyrus

I just try to change it to mailbox_transport =
lmtp:unix:/var/imap/sockect/lmtp
And send a message again.
It also could not be received.
Then i have checked the mail queues with the command "mailq", the follow
was the result.

bash-2.05b# mailq
-Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
A74FE2438F 801 Wed Jun 9 15:11:09 wangpenghui at bitco.realss.com
(connect to /var/imap/socket/lmtp[/var/imap/socket/lmtp]: Permission denied)
wangpenghui at bitco.realss.com

And the Permission is follow:

bash-2.05b# ll
??? 0
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 0 6? 5 00:30 imap-0.lock
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 0 6? 7 16:29 imaps-0.lock
srwxrwxrwx 1 cyrus mail 0 6? 9 08:10 lmtp
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 0 6? 5 01:27 lmtpunix-0.lock
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 0 6? 5 00:28 pop3-0.lock
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 0 6? 7 16:29 pop3s-0.lock
-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 0 6? 7 16:29 sieve-0.lock

I don't know what wrong with it.

By the way my Postfix is 2.1.19

>>I have another question.
>>I have set
>>autocreateinboxfolders: Sent|Drafts|Templates|Trash
>>in /etc/imapd.conf
>>But why does it take no effect?
>>

>I'm not sure but I think you have to enable createonpost for
>autocreateinboxfolders to work. Check the README from the creators of the
>patch.

I found a terrible thing that i have not patch the patch of creators.
So stupid!
Thank you for your Good response!