ACL problems

Kent L. Nasveschuk knasveschuk at wareham.k12.ma.us
Thu Jun 10 14:50:56 EDT 2004

I'm having some strange issues with ACLs I set in cyradm.
(version 2.2.4 Cyrus IMAPD)

I have the following ACLs set:

localhost> lam public.announce
kent lrswipcda
anyone lrs
localhost> lam public
kent lrswipcda
anyone lrs

User kent (me), should be able to post to the public.announce folder but
I can't. I can move mail to that folder. When I set the ACL for anyone
to lrsp the message is delivered to the correct folder.

localhost> sam public.announce anyone lrsp
localhost> lam public.announce
kent lrswipcda
anyone lrsp

When I set the ACL for anyone back to "lrs" this is my returned message:

The original message was received at Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:46:41 -0400
from [172.16.0.22]

<+public.announce at www.warehamportal.mec.edu>
    (reason: 550-You do not have permission to post a message to this mailbox.)

... while talking to localhost:
>>> DATA
<<< 550-Please contact the owner of this mailbox in order to submit
<<< 550-your message, or postmaster if you believe you
<<< 550-received this message in error.
<<< 550 5.7.1 Permission denied
550 5.1.1 <+public.announce at www.warehamportal.mec.edu>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.5.1 No recipients