How to upgrade from 2.0.17 to 2.2.5

Seiichirou Hiraoka flathill at netspring.co.jp
Mon Jun 14 02:29:25 EDT 2004

Hello.

I am trying to upgrade cyrus-imapd from 2.0.17 to 2.2.5.

  I am using cyrus imapd in following environment.

    OS: Solaris 2.8 SPARC
    Cyrus IMAPD: 2.0.17
    Cyrus SASL: 1.5.28
    DB: Berkley DB 3.3.11

How To Upgrade:

  I think,  to upgrade Cyrus IMAPD requires following process.

  1. Install Cyrus SASL 2.1.18.
  2. Install Cyrus IMAPD 2.2.5.
  3. setup /etc/{cyrus.conf, imapd.conf}
  4. Convert /var/imap/mailboxes.db
     Convert DB format from berkley to skiplist.
  5. Convert seen DB (/var/imap/user/*/*.seen)
     Convert DBs format from flat to skiplist
  6. Make annotations.db
     On my 2.0.17 system, annotations.db file is not exist.
     So I make the following command, is this correct?

       touch /var/imap/annotations.db
       chown cyrus:mail /var/imap/annotations.db
       chmod 644 /var/imap/annotations.db

  Is there any other process to upgrade ?
  If I need any other process, please teach me.

Questions:

  And... I have some other questions.

  Q1: Do I need to convert cyrus.{index,header,cache) files?
      (/var/spool/imap/user/username/cyrus.*)

      If I need to convert, how to convert?

  Q2: doc/text/install-upgrade says,

           1. Specify --with-mboxlist-db=berkeley and --with-seen-db=flat to
              configure. This will instruct Cyrus to continue to use the
              previous defaults.

      But I can't found this options in my 2.2.5 configure.
      I think I can use this options on 2.1.x and I can't use
      on 2.2.x, is this correct?

Best regards!

- flathill