LDAP auth, and Cyrus mailboxes..

Carl P. Corliss rabbitt at xaraya.com
Wed Jun 16 00:27:46 EDT 2004

Mike Beattie wrote:
[snip]
> Erp. well, that's not possible, since the LDAP directory contains nothing
> other than dn: and userPassword:.

Your directory structure contains only two attributes for each user..?

> Ok, well, it's known behaviour, perhaps I'll need to think up another
> solution. (an ugly patch to cyrus that adds a "loginrequiresinbox:"
> option?)

Cyrus is not the problem - your ldap configuration apparently is.
Reconfigure your schema such that you have something to filter on for
real accounts. Depending on your setup, you could filter on maildrop
(which, again, depends on your setup and whether or not you use the
maildrop attribute and, if you do, if it is only populated for 'real'
accounts). Then you could use something akin to:

ldap_filter: (maildrop=%U@%r)

--
Carl P. Corliss
System Administrator / Developer