cyrus, exim and "plusadressing"

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Mon Jun 21 10:19:42 EDT 2004

Erik Myllymaki wrote:

> I am using exim 4.21 with cyrus imap v2.1.16.
>
> I am trying to get "plus addressing" to work.
>
> the relevant section in exim.conf looks like this:
>
> local_cyrus_delivery:
>  driver = smtp
>  protocol = lmtp
>  hosts_override = true
>  allow_localhost = true
>
> I get no errors when I send mail to myname+Subfolder at mydomain.com
> <mailto:myname+Subfolder at mydomain.com>, but
> it just ends up in the Inbox, and not in the Subfolder.
>
> Also, I am using "unixhierarchysep=yes"
> Any tips appreciated.

Have you granted "anyone" posting (p) rights in subfolder ?

<quote src="http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/faq.html">
* plus addressing - Plus addressing allows direct delivery to a particular
mailbox (other than an INBOX). This is done in two ways.

The first way allows delivery to a subfolder of a specific user's INBOX. This
is done via an address of the form: username+mailfolder at domain, which will
deliver to the user's INBOX.mailfolder folder (or altnamespace equivalent).
This submailbox must allow the posting user the 'p' right (generally, this
means 'anyone' must have the 'p' right), otherwise the message will just be
filed into the user's INBOX.
</quote>

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi