High availability ... again

Kevin Baker kbaker at missionvi.com
Wed Jun 23 14:48:03 EDT 2004

David,

This is exactly what I had in mind. Could you maybe give a
quick overview of how you have the replication and
failover setup; specifically "application level
replication vs block"

While the idea of a standby server that uses block level
replication seems very great, if possible I'd like to have
the reliability while still being able to use both
machines.

Is it something like this:
- Server A
  - active accounts 1-100
  - replicate accounts 101-200 from Server B
- Server B
  - active accounts 101-200
  - replicate accounts 1-100 from Server A

If B goes down, A takes over the accounts it had
replicated from B.

Thanks,