dspam & cyrus

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Tue Jun 22 16:50:40 EDT 2004

Hi!

Does anyone have experience of running dspam & cyrus?  (with sendmail &
without procmail)

Right now, I use cyrus & MailScanner, where the latter filters virus using
Kaspersky antivirus. It works fine, and I especially like the way
MailScanner handles mail by using to queues, one for incoming, and then
delivers to the out queue once emails are scanned. This makes upgrading
very easy, since stopping the virus filter doesn't really matter, it just
delays delivery. This works great, but now I need to add a spam filter. I
could use SpamAssassin, it should play well with MailScanner, I guess, but
I'm curious about dspam.

It seems to me that dspam out of the box is used instead of the local
mailer, and hence cannot easily be used with cyrus, but I guess that
doesn't mean it can't be done, just that it might be a bit difficult. I
also want plussed users, we use it a lot.

Also, I would like to have drop folders where users can put spam, instead
of or as compliment to forwarding the emails.

Main quiz is how to set up sendmail, really... but also tips on setting up
dspam building stats from cyrus dropfolders are relevant.

Any ideas/tips?

/Palle