Vanishing quota information

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Tue Jun 29 02:35:23 EDT 2004

> I have a new problem with vanishing quota. At least I didn't notice it
> earlier. The situation is that we have quota for all users but suddenly
> quota for some users are lost, the user.xxxx file in the quota dir just
> doesn't exist anymore. We are using legacy_quota, so nothing new here.
> This is on cyrus-imapd-2.2.6.

I can't believe nobody else has this problem. I have it on more than one
server now and it keeps going on. The thing is that my cyrus-imapd 2.2.6
seems to forget quota of about 6 users daily with a ~2000 userbase.

I'm using the following hack to detect missing quota.

#!/bin/sh

CONFDIR="/var/lib/imap"

find /var/spool/imap/?/user -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 | while read u; do
  u=$(basename $u)
  HASH=$(echo $u | cut -b1)
  if [ ! -f ${CONFDIR}/quota/${HASH}/user.${u} ]; then
    echo $u
  fi
done