High availability ... again

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Tue Jul 6 16:40:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

Etienne Goyer wrote:

> Regarding IMAP replication, I have not found much but the work of
> David Carter at
> http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/replication.html seem
> interesting.  As far as I can tell, source to this implementation and
> current status are not available.  Does somebody on the list use this
> solution or a similar one and could comment and the practicality of it
> ?  Perhap M. Carter (if you read the list) could give us a status
> update for his particuliar project ?

Interesting: this seems to do exacly what I was looking for earlier, and
what many people do now with rsync or unison kind of things.
I see that "The code has however been submitted back to the Cyrus
maintainers." - as far as I'm concerned it would be a valuable addition
to cyrus! (Or any other good (uni or bidirectional) software spool
replication ;-))

Paul