High availability ... again

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 7 09:33:45 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Kevin Baker wrote:

> How would we indicate our interest to the development
> team? How are updates and future development project
> priorities decided?

Several methods..

Supplied patches often get a high priority (though not in this case, since
we have a patch that is very complicated and not easy to apply since it is
based off of different implementations of the expunge code that is in the
2.3 CVS).

Quite honestly, development priorities are most often (Though not always)
set around what CMU needs most at the time.  Sort of selfish, but very
true.  Things like virtual domains got implemented because Ken was bored
though.

Another way to indicate your interest is with a hefty donation to CMU, of
course :)

-Rob