High availability ... again

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jul 8 08:42:48 EDT 2004

Kevin Baker wrote:
> Fair enough ;)
>
> So what would it cost to have this feature implemented?
>
> Specifically adding the application level redundancy patch
> that was submitted.
>
> I think it is certainly worth discussion if nothing else
> to see if it is something we, people interested, might
> collectively be able to pay for.
>
> Actually a pretty interesting topic... maybe more suited
> for a general Slashdot thread. Paying for open source
> dev.. I think there was something on that recently.

Its not unheard of, in fact its been done for Cyrus before.  I was paid
a rather large sum by a semiconductor company to implement the
altnamespace feature, and Fastmail.fm has contracted me for several
features, most recently almost all of the new stuff in 2.3.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127