Vanishing quota information

Jure Peèar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Sun Jul 4 15:46:13 EDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 20:08:27 +0200 (CEST)
"Simon Matter" <simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com> wrote:

> I had the same. Looks like somehow the information stored in the quota
> file was wrong and has been corrected. I didn't have this problem again
> with the patches 2.2.6 server.

I'm saying that the quota file was 'corrected' to some number that is 5 t=
o 7
times larger that the real size of the mailbox ... and this is happening
with the lib/cyrusdb_quotalegacy.c (rev 1.1.2.6) and imap/quota.c (rev
1.48.2.6) from the cvs. We have quotas set at 10Mb, so it is unreasonable=
see most of the mailboxes reporting usage around 60Mb ...=20

I put together a quick shell script that is walking my user tree,
calculating the space used and filling quota files with the correct data.=
 It
is also creating missing quota files. I reread this whole thread again an=
noticed that the disapearing quota files are also an issue ... i'll monit=
or
that in the following days.

2.2.0 'alpha' release didn't have such suprises ... :)

--=20

Jure Pe=E8ar