Vanishing quota information

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon Jul 5 00:23:09 EDT 2004

> Jure Peèar wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 20:08:27 +0200 (CEST)
>> "Simon Matter" <simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I had the same. Looks like somehow the information stored in the quota
>>>file was wrong and has been corrected. I didn't have this problem again
>>>with the patches 2.2.6 server.
>>

>> I'm saying that the quota file was 'corrected' to some number that is 5
>> to 7
>> times larger that the real size of the mailbox ... and this is happening
>> with the lib/cyrusdb_quotalegacy.c (rev 1.1.2.6) and imap/quota.c (rev
>> 1.48.2.6) from the cvs. We have quotas set at 10Mb, so it is
>> unreasonable to
>> see most of the mailboxes reporting usage around 60Mb ...
>
> Another problem which I can't reproduce.  Is it possible that its
> mistakenly adding the usage of multiple users within the virtdomain?

What I meant was that I also had the problem that quota have been
corrected when running quota -f. I also had the problem of wrong
calculated quota with the unpatched 2.2.6, but not with the patched one.

For the vanishing quota problem, it seems that the problem is from a bug
in one of the patches I include in my rpms, not from cyrus-imapd itself.
I'll provide more information after further investigation.