unable to login

Louis LeBlanc leblanc+cyrus at keyslapper.org
Wed Jul 7 11:09:05 EDT 2004

On 07/07/04 04:29 PM, Alexander Dalloz sat at the `puter and typed:
> Am Mi, den 07.07.2004 schrieb Louis LeBlanc um 15:56:
>
> > This kinda begs the question, what exactly *should* the permissions be
> > for sasldb2.db?
> >
> > Lou
>
> chown root:root /etc/sasldb2
> chmod 600 /etc/sasldb2
>
> (the database has no .db ending)

It appears that the port on FreeBSD does use the .db extension.

Another poster suggested making it owned by cyrus:mail.  I assume your
imapd is run as root?

Lou
Louis LeBlanc                 cyrus at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Fourth Law of Revision:
  It is usually impractical to worry beforehand about
  interferences -- if you have none, someone will make one for you.