Cyrus IMAP, sendmail and LDAP

AJ aj at mindcrash.com
Wed Jul 7 18:05:06 EDT 2004

Hi,
  My setup is cyrus, sendmail and openldap for all users data.
The way I have things set up now is sendmail use cyrus local mailer, and
is not compile w/ LDAP support, so if a mailbox does not exist in cyrus,
   it gets bounced.  Sendmail does not do user/mailbox lookups via LDAP.
This seems to work ok, but on the net I have been reading most people
set up sendmail to look at ldap for users, rather than cyrus.
Can some people share their setups on how they implement these three
together?

Thanks.
AJ