Sieve Problem

Additive GmbH System Admin sysadm at additive-net.de
Thu Jul 8 10:40:06 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

a few months ago I set up a new server with Cyrus SASL and IMAPD 2.1.16.
Everything runs perfectly fine, but now I want to enable sieve on that
host. So I set up a line in cyrus.conf like
sieve   cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0
and now I can telnet like "telnet localhost sieve"
and get the following result:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.1.16"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
OK

The thing about it is that I can't login with sieveshell. So I searched
the lists and found that there's a line missing like "SASL PLAIN" in my
output above. One posting said that I should install the sasl libs, but
that is what I did when I installed SASL from source - and the imap
users can log in fine using the running "saslauthd -a shadow" and PLAIN
login.
So I really don't understand what the problem is - please can anybody
help me?

cyrus.conf and imap.conf are included hereby.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas Grimmel
System Administrator
ADDITIVE GmbH
Germany

cyrus.conf:

# standard standalone server implementation

START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=0
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # LMTP is required for delivery
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/usr/cyrus/var/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/usr/cyrus/var/socket/notify"
proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
  delprune      cmd="ctl_deliver -E 3" period=1440

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" period=1440
}

imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /usr/cyrus/var
partition-default: /usr/cyrus/var/spool