MTA - where to send mail in a MURDER env

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 15:30:08 EDT 2004

--- Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> You need to send it to an lmtpproxyd, but there's no
> reason to put that on
> a frontend -- we run our lmtpproxyd's on the same
> hosts as our MTAs (via
> unix socket).

Well actually in our case we will start with one
frontend and one backend server where the mupdate
server and the MTA will both run on the frontend
server.

So for this case I guess it makes sense to have our
MTA on the frontend server send mails via LMTP (unix
socket) to the lmtpproxyd on that same frontend
server, am I right so far ? Or would you suggest
something better ?

I think I have no other choice because I really want
to start with the minimum (one frontend and one
backend).

Thanks
Regards