Problem with Sendmail 8.13.0 / Cyrus Imap 2.2.6 and virtual hosting

Jesper K. Pedersen jkp at solnet-data.dk
Sun Jul 11 04:54:46 EDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 07:04:21 +0200
Andrzej Filip <anfi at priv.onet.pl> wrote:

> Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> > I am trying to get a system up and running with Sendmail to run with
> > cyrus imap using virtual hosting of several domains.
> >
> > I have created my user in the sasldb and a mailbox in the cyrus imap
> > database and it tests out okey using imtest -u jesper at k-w-r.dk -a
> > jesper at k-w-r.dk localhost
> >
> > I am able to send mail through the sendmail daemon to other servers
> > but when I try to send to jesper at k-w-r.dk it wont deliver.
> > I have narrowed the problem down to sendmail is trying to deliver to
> > the user "jesper" instead of "jesper at k-w-r.dk"
> >
> > This is verified by running a :
> >
> > sendmail -d60.1 -bv jesper at k-w-r.dk
> > map_lookup(dequote, root) => NOT FOUND (0)
> > map_lookup(host, k-w-r.dk) => k-w-r.dk. (0)
> > map_lookup(dequote, jesper) => NOT FOUND (0)
> > jesper at k-w-r.dk... deliverable: mailer cyrusv2, user jesper
> >
> > Where the cyrus expect the user to be jesper at k-w-r.dk
> >
> > My sendmail local-host-names contain the "k-w-r.dk" entry.

<CUT>

> > Any idea of how to set up sendmail so it will send the full name and
> > address to cyrus so you can have virtual hosting without having the
> > "worry" about usernames?
> > so jesper at k-w-r.dk , jesper at someoter.domain ... isnt a problem and
> > where you dont have to use the sendmail alias to create new user
> > names for all the users?
> >
> > This problem have troubled me for several days now so any ideas is
> > greatly appreciated.
>
> See "Configuring Sendmail" section in "Configuring (Cyrus) Virtual
> Domains":
> http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-virtdomains.html
> Have you applied it ?
>
> * Do not make cyrusv2 local mailer [no
> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrusv2'] Sendmail strips domain before
> selecting local mailer* upatched cyrusv2 mailer provided in
> sendmail.orf distribution does the stripping too
>
> * Insted of patching cf/mailer/cyrusv2.m4 you can you its new version
> with added cyrusv2d mailer [no damin stripping]
> http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html
>
> P.S.
> If you want sendmail to check if cyrus mailbox exist when accepting
> "RCPT TO:" then take a look at
> * Real Time Cyrus (and Sendmail) Integration Version 2
> http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/rtcyrus2.html
>
> I suggest you "mailertable" integration
> versi.html

I had worked with the
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-virtdomains.html and
had followed the steps on the configuration options on
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-configure.html where
it stated to insert the two lines:

  define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')
  MAILER(`cyrusv2')

And especially looked at the real time integration of checking of
receiving users (which I decided was something I would perhaps add after
I have the basic functionality working) which I why I overlooked the
obvious - the solution was exactely what you said - dont define the
confLOCAL_MAILER in the sendmail configuration to be cyrusv2.

All in all - your suggestion to remove my define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',
`cyrusv2') did the trick and it is running perfectly now.

> P.S. 2
> When posting a query to multiple forums [this list and c.m.sendmail]
> please indicate it in the queries.

I apologize - I was first very doubtfull about where to post as I
thought this might be more "sendmail" related than cyrus related and did
not think to reference the two.
I will keep this in mind in case I will need to do it another time - but
mostly try to not "cross-post".

Thank you for help it made my month (and not least my wife's).

Best regards,
Jesper K. Pedersen
--
Carpe Aptenodytes!