New Cyrus Server - what would be ideal?

Ian G Batten I.G.Batten at ftel.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 10:38:07 EDT 2004

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:
> I'm planning to build a new, larger, server with Solaris 9, and cyrus,

I'm running my new mailserver on Solaris 10, but I'm using ZFS for
several of the spool partitions.  The performance rocks (even on some
mangy old A5000 arrays) and you get multi-layer snapshots to make your
backups easier.  You can't have those bits right now --- I don't think
ZFS is going to go into Solaris Express for a few months yet --- but if
you can wait until Solaris 10 ships, or plan for an upgrade then, you
won't regret it.

ian