Upgrade from cyrus-imapd2.1.x to cyrus-imapd2.2.3

Wang Penghui wangpenghui at realss.com
Tue Jul 13 04:45:06 EDT 2004

>> There are some questions about it:
>> 1. Do the other softwares need to upgrade, such as cyrus-sasl?
>

> AFAIK cyrus-imapd 2.2.x needs at least cyrus-sasl 2.1.15

This is very important to me, thank you for your advice.

>> 2. How to backup and restore all the messages and users info store at
>> the mailsystem?
>

> Search the mailing list, this issue comes up often

I have searched for many times, but i could not got some useful issues
because my ability of STW.
Could you pick me a hand?

>> 3. Is there any other things i have to do?
>

> Look at the install-upgrade.html document (it's in the doc
> subdirectory of the extracted tarball).

I have read the document, but there isn't a entire process of the
operation  of upgrade.
For newbie  like me,  i  think it was not esay to understand it quickly.
Maybe i should found something about the principle of upgrade.

Thank you.