Upgrade from cyrus-imapd2.1.x to cyrus-imapd2.2.3

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Jul 13 05:02:59 EDT 2004

Wang Penghui wrote:

>>> 2. How to backup and restore all the messages and users info store at
>>> the mailsystem?
>>

>> Search the mailing list, this issue comes up often
>

> I have searched for many times, but i could not got some useful issues
> because my ability of STW.
> Could you pick me a hand?

A better suggestion would be to look at the cyrus-wiki

http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/WebHome

Follow the link CyrusAdministration->Backup

>>> 3. Is there any other things i have to do?
>>

>> Look at the install-upgrade.html document (it's in the doc
>> subdirectory of the extracted tarball).
>

> I have read the document, but there isn't a entire process of the
> operation  of upgrade.

These are only things you should take care of when you're upgrading.
Follow the instructions backwards, i.e. first read the section
"Upgrading from 2.1.x or earlier", then "Upgrading from 2.2.0 or
earlier" and so on. Of course you don't have to repeat the same steps
(i.e. you just have to run masssievec once).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007