Issue's with socketmap (smmapd) under heavy load?

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Wed Jul 14 12:08:45 EDT 2004

Lenny wrote:
> I have a a MURDER setup and I notice that if the frontends are getting any type
> of mail load that sendmail takes over 30 seconds to send a small message
> (sometimes over a minute). So I've picked a few "stuck" sendmails and strace'd
> them.
>  The strace just sits at the following:
>
> Process 9991 attached - interrupt to quit
> connect(6, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/lib/imap/socket/socketmap"}, 110
>
> So it looks like my entire bottleneck has to do with socketmap somehow. Is there
> anyway I can speed things up? Thanks.

1) How long does it take to to query cyrus from "sendmail -bt"  ?

echo "/map cyrus user" | sendmail -bt -d60.5 -d38.20

2) Could you post smmapd entry from you cyrus.conf file ?

3) Could you post "cyrus user limits" ?

as cyrus user execute "ulimit -a"

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/  http://anfi.homeunix.net/cyrus/