Virtual Memory Consumption of Cyrus IMAPd

Mohamed Magdi Abbas abbasmm at longwood.edu
Mon Jul 19 15:11:07 EDT 2004

I'm running cyrus impad(v 2.2.6), used to run 2.1.16, on RHEL 3.0 and
noticed that the amount of swap space free is decreasing. When I was
running v2.1.16, the swap free would decrease until the kernel oom(out
of memory) killer would activate and start killing processes which
essentially grinds the system to a halt. I doubt that this is normal.
Could this point to a memory leak in cyrus. Just for note, I have not
yet experienced this with the latest version, but the swap free is
decreasing.

By the way I'm using simons RPMS from invoca.ch. Could someone shed some
light on this. Anything will help...

Mohamed Magdi Abbas
Systems Engineer
Longwood University