libwrap compiled into Cyrus IMAPd

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 06:11:19 EDT 2004

Igor Brezac <igor at ipass.net> wrote:
cyrus configure is broken for systems that have a shared tcpwrapper
library.

Try
ac_cv_lib_wrap_request_init=yes ./configure --with-libwrap ...

Thanks that did the trick !! Btw: is this going to be fixed in Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.7 ?

Now I wanted to get SNMP also compiled into Cyrus IMAPd and I get the same kind of problem where it doesn't find the UCD SNMP libraries... Here is the error message that I get in the config.log file at the end of the configure:

/usr/local/lib/libsnmp.so.42.6: undefined reference to `des_cbc_encrypt'

/usr/local/lib/libsnmp.so.42.6: undefined reference to `des_key_sched'

/usr/local/lib/libsnmp.so.42.6: undefined reference to `des_ncbc_encrypt'

What's wrong here ? is there maybe another variable to set before running configure ?

Many thanks

Regards