Problem getting email posted to a virtual mailbox domain

Martin Haywood martin at writingsonthewall.net
Tue Jul 20 20:19:45 EDT 2004

Actually this morning I realise that what I've written isn't right, I
was getting confused by some old test files from one of many previous
attempts.  So here goes:
   -- Mail to default domain user 'myuid' gets stored in
/var/spool/imap/user/myuid and is correctly picked up by a pop login.
   -- Mail to otheruid at myvdomain doesn't get stored in
/var/spool/imap/domain/myvdomain/user/otheruid although the dir exists.
I don't know where if anywhere it ends up.

So I guess that's the problem. What should I set postfix's
virtual_mailbox_base to, and what should I set cyrus's
partition-default to?  What owners should these dirs have? It seems
obvious postfix shouldn't point to /var/mail although that's what all
the documentation seems to say. I've gone around and around this, which
is why my previous message was so confused (and posted 2.30am local
time).

Thanks in advance