sasl problem (sigh)

Ian Hunter ihunter at hunterweb.net
Wed Jul 21 09:20:47 EDT 2004

>> Oh, go ahead and flame away if this is not an appropriate forum for
>> saslauthd config problems, but after you've torched me, refer me to the
>> right place :)
>
>You are close, I guess cyrus-sasl would be correct, not info-cyrus :)

I'll hop over there and ask again, thanks...

>> I am running Redhat 9 with cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-5 that I installed from an
>> RPM.
>
>Which rpm from where? The one I provide from here
>http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-sasl/ ?

I forget where I downloaded it, most likely rpmfind or freshrpms or some
such.

>> Jul 20 14:57:29 charlie logger: connect(15, {sa_family=AF_UNIX,
>> path="/var/run/saslauthd/mux"}, 110) = 0
>> Jul 20 14:57:29 charlie logger: write(15, "ihunter\0noyb\0", 17)    = 17
>> Jul 20 14:57:29 charlie logger: read(15, "\0\3NO ", 1023)               =
>> 5
>
>Isn't the above postfix code? Are you sure you have a correct postfix
>installed?

That is indeed the call from postfix to saslauthd, but it is submittingthe
correct information and saslauthd responds negatively where it should
respond positively.  Myu troubleshooting up to this point has been working
at verifying connectivity between postfix's smtpd process (and it's
children) and the saslauthd socket.  That is, as shown by the above, not the
problem.