setting INTERNALDATEs

Jukka Salmi j+asg at 2004.salmi.ch
Wed Jul 21 10:12:20 EDT 2004

Hi,

This question is probably a bit OT, but I didn't find a better place
to ask.

Some weeks ago I copied all messages from my old IMAP message store
to a Cyrus IMAP server using imapsync[1]. Because I didn't know about
a certain option to imapsync which synchronises the INTERNALDATE data
item of the original and the copied message I didn't use that option.

As a result my MUA doesn't sort messages as I want anymore. I'd like
to sort them by the date the message was received (the INTERNALDATE
of the message), but since I unintentionally changed that date, they
are sorted chronologically (as imapsync copied them) now.

The old message store is still available, but I don't want to copy
the mailboxes again, because message I moved since the initial sync
would be duplicated, and deleted messages would be restored.

Any idea how to solve this problem? Is it possible at all to change
the internal date of a message?

Help is appreciated!

TIA, Jukka

[1] http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync/