Apple's Xsan, StorNext filesystem, ADIC and Cyrus

Michael Bartosh mbartosh at mac.com
Tue Jul 27 15:39:10 EDT 2004

Many of you are probably aware of Mac OS X Server's use of Cyrus. Apple
has announced a SAN product- Xsan. It's compatible with ADIC's StorNext
file system I was wondering if anyone had ever examined the
advisability of StorNext's use with Cyrus at some point in the past.
I'm told that its file locking semantics are similar to NFS, so my
hopes aren't high.

http://www.4am-media.com
Mac OS X Consulting and Training
Michael Bartosh
mbartosh at 4am-media.com
303.517.0272
Denver, CO

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche