Problem with SASL 2.1.19 / PostgreSQL engine

Jesper K. Pedersen jkp at solnet-data.dk
Mon Jul 26 10:35:47 EDT 2004

After having compiled SASL with SQL support with this configure command
I keep getting an error message in my debuglog files and SASL will not
allow access through the SQL interface.

The error message is:
  _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: sql

This happens weather I use sasldblist2 or any other sasl functions (and
it doesnt matter if the application configuration file refers to the SQL
engine or not).

My configuration is as follows:

./configure         \
    --disable-anon \
    --enable-plain \
    --enable-login \
    --disable-krb4 \
    --with-saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd \
    --without-pam \
    --with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl \
    --with-plugindir=/usr/lib/sasl2 \
    --disable-cram \
    --disable-digest \
    --disable-otp \
    --with-dblib=berkeley \
    --with-bdb-libdir=/lib \
    --with-bdb-incdir=/usr/include/db4 \
    --with-dbpath=/etc/sasldb2 \
    --mandir=/usr/man \
    --enable-sql

Configure informs the following in the configuration process:

checking SQL... enabled
configure: WARNING: MySQL Library not found
checking for PQsetdbLogin in -lpq... (cached) yes
configure: WARNING: SQLite Library not found

After make/make install I verify that libsql.so was compiled with
postgresql support:

ldd libsql.so
libpq.so.3 => /usr/lib/libpq.so.3 (0x4000e000)

For checking SASL/SQL support I have the following Sendmail.conf
configuration in my sasl library directory.

sasl_pwcheck_method:    auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin:    sql
sasl_sql_engine:        pgsql
sasl_mech_list:         PLAIN LOGIN
sasl_sql_hostname:      localhost
sasl_sql_user:          jkp
sasl_sql_passwd:        *********
sasl_sql_database:      smtpauth
sasl_sql_verbose:       true
sasl_sql_select:        select passwd from smtpaccess where \
                        username='%u'
sasl_sql_insert:        insert into smtpaccess(username, passwd) \
                        values('%u', '%v')
sasl_sql_update:        update smtpaccess set passwd='%v' where \
                        login='%u'

When I try to log in on the smtp port I just get the auth failed message
and the plugin load failed message in the debug log.

Please note I have a working configuration with sasldb2 using Berkeley
4.2 for my Sendmail/Cyrus IMAP mail system on another computer, but had
hoped to migrate the Berkeley to PostgreSQL.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.
Jesper K. Pedersen
--
Carpe Aptenodytes!