Convert from altnamespace and unixhierachy to normal format

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jul 29 10:22:11 EDT 2004

Kevin Moschallski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i want to copy my mailboxes from a cyrus imapd 2.2.3 with altnamespace
> and unixhierachysep turned on to a cyrus imapd 2.2.3 with only
> virtdomains turned on and altnamespace and unixhierachysep both turned
> off. My question now is how to do this or if theres even a way to do it
> maybe a script or something, because i don't know how to copy the
> mailboxes by hand.

You can migrate the mailboxes using any of the standard methods
documented in the list archive (mailutil, imapsync, tarring the correct
directories and databases).

altnamespace won't have any effect at all, since the on-disk hierarchy
is the same.  With unixhierarchysep, any mailboxes which have '.' in the
name (other than the hierarchy separator) will have '^' in the name.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127