root Sent folder

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jul 30 07:50:49 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 18:59, Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:
> How can I have a Sent and Trash folder below root?

That's the way the Cyrus IMAP namespace is structured. Cyrus is not
unique in this regard. I'm not a huge fan myself - I wouldn't mind the
ability to flatten the namespace out a layer w/o affecting the on-disk
structure - but don't care that much. For all I know it might already be
possible. Anyway, I don't see the big deal. Any decent mail client can
deal with this and AFAIK it's not an issue where the IMAP spec is
concerned.

> And why are these folders not created by default?

Because different mail clients like to use different names, and not all
mail clients might want to make use of all of them. As most mail clients
that need them create them if they're absent, what's the point in Cyrus
creating them?

--
Craig Ringer