[POLL] Cyrus 2.2 virtdomains behavior (Was: global admin without defaultdomain?)

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Fri Jan 2 13:54:41 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:09:47 +0100
Christian Schulte <cs at schulte.it> wrote:

> How are loginrealms handled if virtdomain-support gets enabled when it was
> in use before without virtdomains ?

I forgot a bit about loginrealms ... they make sense to me in a setup where
mail system is set up for a single domain but you have users in other
domains that would like to auth to your imap server ...

Now what to do in multi domain setup? Apply loginrealms to all domains
hosted by server? My guess would be no ... I'd even suggest ignoring this
option in multidomain setup as it would only bring on additional confusion
in configuring things :)

The middle way would be something like per domain loginrealms ... if anyone
*really* need this ... but i'd suggest him first to clean up his system
design.

--

Jure Pečar