[POLL] Cyrus 2.2 virtdomains behavior (Was: global admin without defaultdomain?)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jan 1 10:29:22 EST 2004

Christos Soulios wrote:

> If the domain passed in the fully qualified userid matches the domain selected
> from the ipaddress, then cyrus, proceeds to authenticate user using sasl. If it
> is different, then authentication fails without even making a query to the
> authentication mechanism.

Can you explain why this matters.  Are you limited certain domains to a
particular interface for security reasons?  I assumed that byaddr is
just a convenience for the users.

How do you propose to handle admins, especially the global admin?
Jure's proposal seems to make the most sense to me at this point (admins
  use fully qualified userids)

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127