[POLL] Cyrus 2.2 virtdomains behavior (Was: global admin without defaultdomain?)

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Fri Jan 2 14:05:48 EST 2004

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:09:43 -0500 (EST)
Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> The only way to get a win out of a model that disallows that feature is to
> come up with something where it actively causes problems.

Yes, and this requires active knowledge of cyrus & sasl code. I think you
guys know most about it :)

> And the SASL ANONYMOUS mechanism is about all I can currently see.

Hrm yes. RFC 2245 does not mention this situation ... I see two ways out of
it:

* extend rfc to allow somethign like anonymous at domain

* allow only one anonymous user per IP (domain) ... In case of many domains
on one IP, defaultdomain would be a good way to specify how to treat
anonymous user.

--

Jure Pečar