Stability of 2.2.2?

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Fri Jan 2 21:27:40 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 10:10:01AM -0800, Jules Agee wrote:
> Joe Rhett wrote:
> >>My question is, how stable/reliable is 2.2.2?  Could I safely use it in
> >>a production environment?  I need/want to do virtual domains.  Ie,
> >>people logging in with user at example.com or user at example2.com.
> >

> >Rock solid.  Less problems than we had with 2.1 "stable".
>
> Would you mind briefly describing the problems you had with 2.1 stable,
> and which version you were using (2.1.14/15/16...)? I am planning an
> upgrade and I expect to use 2.1.16, unless someone has a pretty
> compelling reason to go with 2.2.2. I don't need any of the new 2.2
> features. Stability is by far the most important factor.

We had some corrupted Seen indexes and various sorts of non-critical but
time-consuming problems to work out.  The patches that solved these
problems went into both the 2.1 and 2.2 trees, but releases in the 2.2 came
out faster ;-)

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.