Hardware questions

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Mon Jan 5 12:32:43 EST 2004

Good morning everyone.

After doing some initial research and asking a few questions about Cyrus,
i've decided that I want to use cyrus for our company mail server. Seems to
be exactly what we are looking for and there are so many things that I like
about cyrus that just make it right.

Anyway, I wanted to get some suggestions for a hardware setup for my mail
server.

Our current main corporate office has 45 people. However, that number will
rise to about 100 over the next few years.
Also, we will have some Branch Offices over time and these will include
10-15 people. Eventually, im going to guess and say 150-200 employees for
the company.

I will be running FreeBSD 4.9.
I cant decide between Postfix and Sendmail. :)
Also, I will put up webmail.
Apache, plus SSL, TLS etc.

With that in mind, any suggestions for hardware?

Thanks.

Jason