Question about some entries in my logs

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Jan 5 22:13:06 EST 2004

Jason Williams wrote:

>  From imapd.conf? Here they are:
>
> # Allow the use of the SASL PLAIN mechanism.
> #
> allowplaintext: yes

FYI, this is the default, so you can delete it if you want.  Actually,
this doesn't enable PLAIN (it gets enabled when protected by SSL/TLS).
When disabled the IMAP LOGIN command and POP3 USER/PASS commands are
disabled.

> #sasl_maximum_layer: 256
> #sasl_minimum_layer: 0
> sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
>
> #sasl_auto_transition: no
>
> #sasl_opiekeys: /etc/opiekeys
>
> Should I uncomment the last line? Seems to be accessing it, even while
> commented.

No, you can leave it.  This is the default and isn't necessary.

I don't have any ideas right now, maybe a rested brain will come up with
something in the morning.  Or perhaps Rob or someone who's seen this
before will have some thoughts.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127