Custom logging

Mark Hellman markhellman at techie.com
Wed Jan 7 13:03:41 EST 2004

I would like to process Cyrus logs and do some date arithmetic. But this
is difficult because Syslog does not log the year, only month and day. And
changing Syslog date format involves recompiling its source, and risking
breaking other program that depend on Syslog's default date format.

One solution would be Cyrus to append a timestamp to every entry it sends
to syslog. This timestamp would be in UNIX time.
What parts of Cyrus source must I change to achieve this?

Mark