Problems with lmtp delivery on 2.2.2-BETA

Matthew Hodgson matthew at mxtelecom.com
Thu Jan 8 12:35:16 EST 2004

Ken Murhcison wrote:

> Matthew Hodgson wrote:
>

> > Looking at the process_recipient() code in lmtpengine.c,
> I'm not sure
> > that the
> > quote-string parsing has been updated fully to reflect
> virtual domains - so
> > I've fiddled around and come up with a version based on the
> existing
> > code, and
> > also a complete rewrite.  I enclose the latter as a patch here; it
> > hasn't been
> > rigorously tested (at all), but has fixed my particular
> problem.  If anyone
> > has interest in the other version, just say - any feedback & flames
> > appreciated.
>
> I'm looking at your current patch now to make sure it looks
> sane before
> I commit it.  If you have an alternate patch, I'd like to see it also.

Hi Ken,

Be sure to look at the 2nd version of the patch I submitted to the list; the
1st one included a few rather embarassing bugs.

I've abandoned the alternative patch (the minimal extension of the existing
code), as ensuring that forcedowncase vaguely works with quoted-strings as
well as virtual domains was becoming too clunky, and I'm now depending on it
for the installation here.  Rather than ending up with a load of unwrapped
states, I suspect the better idea is to chuck a few state flags in as I did
with the submitted patch, I hope.

In other news, the latest CVS doesn't compile from clean when using a
berkeley backend; HAVE_BDB needs to be #defined in config.h at some point to
avoid disturbing fatal errors of the form:
Jan  8 16:51:16 foo imap[11302]: Fatal error: cyrusdb backend
berkeley-nosync not supported

M.
Matthew Hodgson   matthew at mxtelecom.com   Tel: +44 845 6667778
                Systems Analyst, MX Telecom Ltd.